Lactose-Free Energy Balls
In partnership with LACTAID®
The best part of a workout is when it’s over…who is with me? I always look forward to snacking post-workout on something that’s going to refuel my muscles, all while tasting delicious of course! This batch of energy balls, filled with old fashioned oats, dark chocolate chips (lactose-free!) and LACTAID® milk restores my energy and fills my body with the post-workout nutrients to aid in muscle recovery. It’s so easy to get distracted with work, emails, phone calls (the list goes on!) after you work out, which is why I carry a few energy balls with me on the go. Energy balls are the perfect portable snack. Using LACTAID® milk provides the health benefits of 100% real dairy without the consequences if you have a lactose sensitivity, so you can keep on keeping on and #milkthemoments.
1/2 ripened mashed banana
½ cup old fashioned oats
1 tbsp unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter
2 tsp lactose-free dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp LACTAID® Milk (I used LACTAID® 2% reduced fat Milk)
1 tsp flaxseeds
1. In a large bowl, mash ripened banana with a fork until smooth.
2. Mix in oats, lactose-free dark chocolate chips, flaxseeds, peanut butter then pour in LACTAID® Milk.
3. To combine, knead ingredients with hands or large spoon.
4. Refrigerate bowl for 30 minutes.
5. Roll into 1-inch diameter balls and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze in airtight container, enjoy!